Why are there discrepancies between listings?
The Listing Management tool distributes your local business information to online directories and helps ensure your information is unified and up-to-date.
In most cases, your business information will be updated efficiently and correctly. But in rare cases, some directories may still show inaccurate information.
Why does this happen?
Listing Management works with many different online directories. These sites handle publication in two different ways:
- Dual Sync: Sites that enable Listing Management to sync information automatically using API integrations
- Submission: Sites that only accept information via submission, but do not guarantee that it will be accepted or published
Listing Management must comply with the publication system each site has in place. As such, for submission publishers, we cannot guarantee that business listings will be published as submitted or protected against changes. However, in most cases, the directory will proceed with your update without incident.
Why Do Information Discrepancies Happen?
Discrepancies may happen for a few reasons:
- User error, such as entering incomplete or inaccurate information into the Listing Management tool
- The submitted information doesn’t meet the publisher’s requirements (in this case, it’s best to reach out to Customer Support for more assistance)
- The publisher made additional updates on their end
- The update was declined by the publisher because it does not align with the business’s website
- Ongoing issues with select directories (contact Customer Support for the current list)
If you have any questions about Listing Management or need additional assistance, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- What Websites Can I Hide My Address From With Listing Management ?
- What directories does Semrush distribute citations to with the Listing Management tool?
- Can I use Listing Management for a location that does not have a physical address?
- Can Listing Management make sure my business info can’t be changed in directories?
- How long does it take to publish updates?