The Koala Inspector Online ShopSpy app gives Shopify store owners a peek into the actions of their competitors.
With it, you can analyze and track any Shopify store to identify:
- Which Shopify apps and themes they use
- New or removed products and variations
You can find it in the Semrush App Center.
How Can Koala Inspector Online ShopSpy Help Me?
Koala Inspector Online ShopSpy can help you improve your Shopify store’s performance by making competitor research quick and easy.
In only a few clicks, you can research and track any Shopify store and uncover key insights, such as:
- The best apps your competitors use to succeed—and which ones they’ve recently uninstalled
- Which themes your competitors use to stand out and entice customers
- New product launches
- Product updates, including new variations and name changes
- Recently removed products
With these insights, you can equip your Shopify store with the best tools, identify opportunities, and optimize your ecommerce strategy.
Pricing & Limitations
After a 7-day free trial, the app subscription for Koala Inspector Online ShopSpy is $30 per month.
- Tracking up to 75 Shopify stores simultaneously
- Unlimited Shopify app detection
- Unlimited Shopify theme detection
How To Use Koala Inspector Online ShopSpy
With Koala Inspector Online ShopSpy, you can uncover key competitor insights in just a few clicks.
Here’s how it works.
You have two options when it comes to analyzing competitors in this app:
- Search for a competitor
- View Tracked Shops (competitors you’ve already saved)
How To Search for Competitors
You can search for a competitor from the app’s home page. All you have to do is enter their domain into the search bar in the center of the page, and click “Search.”
If they use Shopify, Koala Inspector will instantly tell you which Shopify theme they’re using, and which Shopify apps they have installed.
Here, you’ll also find details about each app they use, including:
- App name
- Primary functionality
- Average star rating and quantity in the Shopify app store
- A link to the App page in the Shopify app store
This can help you find apps to help improve your own store’s performance or add important functionalities to your shop.
Koala Inspector can also track your competitor’s shop for changes such as new products or variations, removed products, or added or removed Shopify apps and themes.
To see this data, you’ll first need to track the store. Click the “Track shop” button under the search bar.
Navigating the Tracked Shops Page
View your tracked shops at any time from the app’s home page by clicking the “View Tracked Shops” link underneath the search bar.
This will take you to the My Shops page. This includes two sections:
- My Shops
The “My Shops” section includes your tracked shop count and every shop you’re currently tracking. Your tracked shop count is indicated in orange next to the “My Shops” header.
The shops you’re tracking are displayed in tiles with a snapshot of their homepage and when the shop was last updated.
Next, in the “Recommendations” section, you’ll see recommendations for similar shops you may want to add to your tracking list.
Click “Track this shop” in any tile to begin following that store.
How To Analyze a Tracked Shop
To analyze any shop you’re already tracking, navigate to its tile under “My Shops” and click its “View Changes” button.
Please note: If you have just begun to track a new store, it may take up to 24 hours for data to populate.
After you click “View Changes,” you’ll be taken to that competitor’s Shop Feed.
The Shop Feed is a log of all observed changes to that store, including:
- Price changes
- New or removed products or variants
- Added or removed Shopify Apps and Themes
These details are laid out so you can identify the most important information at a glance:
- The icon illustrates the type of change. An up or down arrow indicates a price increase or reduction. For example, a plus or minus sign shows that something (an app, theme, or product) was added or removed.
- Important details about the change are indicated with green text.
- Outbound links to the relevant product or bundle are indicated in dark gray, underlined text.
To the right of the Shop Feed, the “Explore Other Shops” section recommends additional shops to track. Click “Track this shop” to add it to your list. After that, you’ll be able to find it on your My Shops page.
How To Untrack Shops
If you track a shop by mistake, or are no longer interested in following it, you can remove it from your list in just a few clicks.
From the Search Bar
If you accidentally track a shop while using the search function in Step 1, click the “Untrack shop” button to remove it from your list. You can find it directly under the search bar, in the same position as the “Track this shop” button.
From the My Shops Page
If you’re using the My Shops page and would like to remove a shop from your tracked list, you’ll first need to open it by clicking “View Changes.”
Then, scroll to the bottom of your Shop Feed and click the red “Untrack Shop” button.
This will remove the shop from your list.
If you have any questions about Koala Inspector Online ShopSpy, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.